Yes, it’s summer in southern Nevada, and I feel it necessary to comment on the hot temperatures.
…so here it is… THIS SUCKS!
…Ok, so here’s what’s going on here…
1) That is the forecast for the next 7 days, captured from the local news channel.
2) Yes, they’re calling 117 “hotter”
3) Yes, I would call it “hottest”
4) This matters because only 2 times in the history of Las Vegas have we ever hit 117… on any day, ever. It has happened 2 times, the most recent was 2005. And they’re predicting we’ll do it again.
5) The most days in a row of 110+, is 10. It has happened 7 different times in our history and in the 7 day forecast above, we’re going to get 6 days in a row. The local wx forecasters don’t think we’ll hit 10, however.
6) Finally… really? I mean, really, REALLY?
7) This SUCKS. I’m bored and want to go hiking in the desert. 🙁 I believe I’ll skip it for a while.